- Robots take over the Science Museum (free)
- Make Space artists studios in SE1 are open all weekend for nosing round with a programme of performance, screenings and a group exhibition to see (free).
- The London Turkish Film Festival is showing flicks across four moviehouses - Rio Dalston, Apollo Piccadilly, Odeon West End and Cine Lumiere - until 8 December
- Gifted is a weekend of contemporary emerging art and design in Deptford, including the Fair Charm Christmas Fair.
- The Laundry Room open a seasonal pop-up shop in ye olde Georgian townhouse at 3 Fournier Street, Spitalfields with stuff to buy + cakes and cocktails.
- The British Military Tournament showcases the skill and might of the armed forces at Earls Court, raising money for the Soldiers' Charity (tickets £29.75+).
- Drop into the Royal Festival Hall and introduce the kids to Forkbeard Fantasy: Theatre of Animation on the Spirit Level (free).
- Play Dog Bingo whilst visiting the Winter Open Studios weekend at the Chocolate Factory, N16 to raise money for the Mayhew Animal Home.
- Guildhall School actors and musicians start something unusual with a devised piece called ...think only this of me... 2-7 December (£8).
- East London Design Show is at Shoreditch Town Hall (£5 entry but there's a 2-4-1 voucher on their website).
- Taste wine and support a water charity at Three Wine Men at Lords.
- Have you been ice skating yet?
- There's period fun, especially if you dress the part, for Richmond's Victorian evening between 5-9pm, procession from 7pm.
- Visit the StockMKT night market on Bermondsey Square.
- Head for Walworth for a wander round Pullens Yards Winter Open Studios from 6-9pm (also open on Sat & Sun).
- Get mince pies and mulled wine for a pound at the National Gallery Christmas shopping event (the gallery is open too) between 6.30-8.45pm.
- Try Yellow Lounge classical music club at the Old Vic Tunnels, 8pm (£6).
- Guildhall Art Gallery hosts a fab family fun day with a chance to see the Atkinson Grimshaw exhibition, get the kids making Christmas cards and baubles and pay a rare weekend visit to lovely Leadenhall Market - all between 10am-5pm (free).
- Visit the pop-up record shop at Orange Dot Gallery.
- Cheer on the Santa Run in Battersea Park from 10am.
- Take the December Dip at Parliament Hill Lido between 11am-1pm (£15, donation from spectators).
- Watch the Christmas Pudding Race in Covent Garden from 11am.
- The Craft Guerilla designer maker market is at Vestry House Museum, Walthamstow from 11am-4pm.
- Judy's Affordable Vintage Fair is at Spitalfields, 11am-5pm.
- The Nomad Cinema has extended its stay at Whiteleys and is showing an interesting duo of films today: Psycho and Toy Story 3 (£8).
- Shop or just get sozzled at The Social Christmas Market from 1-6pm.
- Take the family to the finale of Molten Festival in Barking - it's a fireworks and fountains extravaganza from 5pm (free)
- Belgravia invites you to their Christmas Sunday festive event with a brass band, carols and Three Wise Men on camels from noon-5pm.
- The Vintage Furniture Flea is at York Hall, Bethnal Green 11am-4.30pm (£3/2 entry).
- Visit some Lovely Merchants, upstairs at the Victoria Pub, Morning Terrace NW1 between 12-5 for fine festive wares and a 'posh jumble'.
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Museums and Galleries
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.