- BT Tower sheds its satellite dishes, like some giant, deciduous telecommunications tree.
- Occupy London mentioned in the same breath as Al Qaeda by the City of London Police.
- A winter warmer, from Poets' Corner, where Ted Hughes (beyond the pews), gets an honour (not too shabby) from Westminster Abbey.
- There's plenty of interest in the broadcast/media centre post-Olympics.
- The seemingly arbitrary ban of DSLR cameras in Aldwych station gets further scrutiny.
- London gets its own East Village.
- First pylon for the cable car begins construction.
Image by tarotastic in the Londonist Flickr pool.