- Enfield Autumn Show is a massive community fair in Town Park on Saturday and Sunday 10.30am-6pm with cultural, sporting, horticultural and family friendly fun stuff (£3/2 admission)
- Follow the E17 Art Trail
- Catch free film at Portobello Film Festival
- Experience the Locked Room Scenario
- The Nomad Cinema is in Queen's Park on Saturday (Napoleon Dynamite) and Roundwood Park on Sunday (Back to the Future II)
- Vintage Books celebrate their 21st birthday with a pop-up vintage fete at Foyles Southbank
- PhotoBook London book fair is at Hotshoe Gallery, Farringdon all weekend with talks, signings and a photobook swap
- Are you going to the California Classics screened Thames-side by Secret Cinema?
- Visit the Museum of Everything at Selfridges
- Just Tell The Truth is Mike Figgis' stab at curating Ignite at Royal Opera House with free daytime events and all sorts of ticketed evening stuff
- The Proms are still on too
- Go late to Tate Britain and join the wonderful Stitch London crew, knitting up a yarnstorm till 10pm
- Rich Mix pay tribute to Gil Scott Heron with an evening of performance poetry, hip hop and DJs from 8pm (£5)
- Support your local football team on Non-League Day
- It's Edible Gardens Open Day and there are more than 50 urban food farms to explore around London
- Find out about toads, go bug hunting and pond dipping at the free family fun day at Camley Street Natural Park, Kings Cross from 10.30am
- Liberty Festival is part of Watch This Space this year, with amazing performances from deaf and disabled artists from 1-10pm, outside the National Theatre
- Peckham Rye Fete takes place on Peckham Rye Common from noon till 5pm with stalls, cake, a coconut shy, dog show and a 'whole lot of happy'
- The London Rockin' Rollers battle the Auld Reekie Roller Girls from Edinburgh at York Hall, Bethnal Green from 5pm (tickets £12.50)
- Reader, go to Bookstock 4 for writers, poets, comedy, music and book talk at the Yorkshire Grey from 7.30pm
- Enjoy cycling the city streets with no distraction from cars and plenty of fellow bikers at the all day Sky Ride
- Brentford Festival sets up in Boston Manor Park from noon with all sorts of stalls and family fun, including tours of Boston Manor House (free)
- Angel Canal Festival is based around the City Road Lock on the Regent’s Canal between 11am-5pm with stalls, boat trips, music and activities plus a children's funfair.
- The London Mela rocks Gunnersbury Park from 1-8.30pm with a huge celebration of South Asian culture.
Other good stuff:
- Things to do in London on the Cheap
- Stuff for the curious minded in Week in Geek
- Lit and spoken word from the Book Grocer
- Shows and exhibitions opening and closing in Arts Ahead
- Where to find the zingiest cabaret
- What's funny in stand up and sketch comedy
- New music gigs in Music Choice
- What's on at Museums and Galleries
What did we miss, what are you doing? Let us know in the comments.