- Pub from Withnail and I is demolished.
- Olympic volunteers could be thrust into service for the royal wedding.
- London School of Economics reviewing its funding arrangements with Libya 'urgently'.
- Matt Lucas to appear in Les Mis.
- UCL scientists describe dinosaur with massive thighs. BBC has image of said massively thighed dinosaur kicking weakling dinosaur in the scruttocks.
- More on a campaign to preserve a workhouse building in Fitzrovia that may have inspired Dickens.
Image of Frank Sidebottom, who played no part in any of these stories, by PigeonHips in the Londonist Flickr pool.