The last weekend post of the year rounds up a smattering of suggestions to help you make the most of your 48 hours leisure time.
Christmas shopping is less painful laced with mulled wine and sprinkled with mince pie crumbs or a bratwurst in a bun so this is a reminder of the Christmas markets and fairs who are keen for your custom, whatever the weather, this weekend with the particular additions of Portobello Dock market and Festive Feast at Stoke Newington Town Hall.
- Hot Tap hosts comedy in the New Cross bolt hole with Tony Law and chums from 7.30pm.
- Flamenco flounces at Lost Theatre on Wandsworth Road tonight from 8pm. £15 on the door.
- Barbican invites you to a late alternative Christmas extravaganza free, from 6pm till late.
- Spitalfields Music Winter Festival presents 'Fables - A Film Opera' at Shoreditch Church at 7 and 9pm.
- Become a GHost Hunter at St John on Bethnal Green with haunting films, art and atmosphere from 6-10pm.
- Join the Cooltan Arts Largactyl Shuffle walk round Southwark. Meet midday at Tate Modern.
- The Royal Observatory Greenwich is holding special Christmas Star Parties for moon gazing and hot chocolate drinking. £20 per person, £70 a family - book now!
- If Christmas fills you with horror then back at St John on Bethnal Green there's a screening of The Exorcist at 7.30pm and the GHost III exhibition will be open from 1-9pm.
- Gay Bingo and Guilty Pleasures present Sean Rowley, Anna Greenwood, Hot Gusset, The Dreambears, Jonny Woo, Ma Butcher and John Sizzle at Relentless Garage, Highbury . 10.30pm till late, £10 on the door.
- Feel like hopping back 15-20 years for some retro 90s dancing? You have 2 choices. Soul Clap Presents YoYoYo 90s Jam at Hearn Street Car Park, Shoreditch. £15 in advance, £20 on the door. 10pm till 6am. Pump Up The Volume has its Christmas Party at Visions Video Bar in Dalston, 10pm-4am, £6 b4 11pm / £8 after.
- If the snow settles the Kew Gardens really will be a winter wonderland this weekend.
- Hungamunga's Xmas Factor at Bethnal Green Working Men's Club, 7 till late, £8.
- Tango on the Thames takes you dancing aboard HMS President from midday. £12 (mince pies gratis).
- Richard Herring puts the Jesus in Christmas with the opening of his Leicester Square Theatre run of Christ on a Bike: The Second Coming at 7.30pm.
Consult Arts Ahead, the Book Grocer and Music Choice and all our latest arts and events articles for more. Oh, and those good people over at Spoonfed have kindly rounded up the best of London Panto so we don't have to.
Browse the latest food and drink content if you're looking to tickle your tastebuds somewhere new this weekend.
What's on next weekend? Christmas. Happy holidays!
Image by Joffley via the Londonist Flickrpool