What are you up to this weekend? Here's a round up of our recommendations and a smattering of suggestions to help you make the most of your 48 hours leisure time.
- Explore, interact and participate with dance at the Southbank Centre's Move Weekender.
- Go Christmassy shopping at Chelsea Physic Garden, Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland and the Bust Craftacular (this photo's got us feeling all festive)
- Drop by the Sun and Doves in Camberwell to check out Effra FC's photography exhibition.
- Hampton Court Palace ice rink opens on Saturday.
- Start the night off festive with the Brunswick Centre switch on with the soulful strains of Lemar from 5pm or do some Christmas shopping at the National Gallery shop with a mince pie to munch on.
- Late at the British Library presents hip hop artist Akala, plus poetry and comedy 7.30-11pm, £7.50.
- Last Late of the year at V&A holds an alternative Christmas market with music, talks, activities and more, 6.30-10pm, free.
- Natural History Museum is also open late till 10pm, don't forget to book if you want to go to the Wildlife Photographer exhibition or fancy a skate outside.
- Bangers & Mash vs Jittterbug Jive at Last Days of Decadance, 144-145 Shoreditch High St, London E1 6JE. 8pm-2am. £5 on the door. 50s and 60s upstairs, live performances and a freestyle mash-up of hiphop to electro dubstep funk & soul downstairs.
- Riverside Studios, Hammersmith, hosts an all day event celebrating Twin Peaks from 11am. Tickets £50.
- Somerset House ice rink introduces DJ nights this year. Club de Fromage keeps things ice and cheesy tonight. Sessions from 8-11.30pm. Tickets £15.
- Visit the Alternative Press Fair for comics, zines, self published art books, poetry workshop, illustration photo booth and over 100 titles from the world of small press. At St. Aloysius' Social Centre Corner of Eversholt Street and Phoenix Road London NW1 1TA, midday till 6pm.
- See Pappy's with a whole bunch of funny people at The Fix at the Bull and Gate, Kentish Town. £10 entry, 7.30pm.
- End the weekend with hip hop and electronica at Queen of Hoxton with Prefuse 73 and Anchorsong. 8-12pm, £12.
- Last chance to get tickets for A Fluid State food festival.
Don't forget to comb our specialist selections: all things literary in the Book Grocer, show openings and closings in Arts Ahead, gigs galore in Music Choice and things for when you're skint in London on the Cheap.
Image by justB! via the Londonist Flickrpool
This post is sponsored by Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project
On November 27th, 2010 - 14 countries will exchange the best of their local nightlife as part of The Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project.
BE THERE the day the world swaps nights.