- One option for saving money at London’s fire service is closing 17 fire stations. These are all fine, though.
- A cyclist was killed by a lorry in High Barnet yesterday.
- A snapshot of post-Olympics cable car use shows it running at 10% capacity.
- The Met don’t want officers or staff with visible tattoos.
- The Olympics and Paralympics created 100,000 jobs in London this summer.
- Riot police broke up a gig at the Camden Barfly last night after football fans went for each other.
- Lewisham’s only gay pub has been closed down by the building’s owners. (Save the Catford Tavern from a similar fate!)
- The first tube line that never was.
- Want a free copy of Shit London’s book? They’re hiding some around town tomorrow.
© 2014 Londonist.
- Food & Drink
- Theatre & Arts
- Things To Do