Can you recommend a good pub or bar within the Square Mile?
This is the third part of our two-year-long alphabetical pub crawl of London. Previously you voted for the best in Angel, which we subsequently visited (pictures here); and the cream of Brixton (photos here).
Now we turn our attentions to part 'C', and we've chosen the City of London. This most ancient part of town contains some of the best boozers in London, from the well-known selection on Fleet Street through to former banking halls and coffee houses in the heart of the Square Mile.
But which pubs or bars do you rate the highest?
Here’s how to play:
- Let us know (in the comments, on Facebook, or by tweeting #bestCitypub) your favourite pubs in the Square Mile.
- We’ll tally up the votes next week (probably Tuesday lunch).
- We’ll then arrange a pub crawl around the three or four most popular choices. You’re welcome to join us.
- You can nominate anywhere in the Square Mile. There's a good map here (PDF), if you're unsure of the boundary.
- By ‘pubs’, we’re using a shorthand — you can also vote for bars.
- You can nominate more than one place. All nominations count as one vote, whether you rank them or not. Likes on Facebook and retweets of someone else's vote are also counted as new votes.
- Venues should be open to the public with no pre-booking, entry fee or membership required.
So, where shall we go?