Canning Town Caravanserai, Streatham Kite Day, West Norwood Slow Food Festival and much more
- Canning Town Caravanserai's April Fool's Weekend includes a grand opening, a neighbourhood feast, storytelling, arts, workshops, food, fashion and an April Fool's Carnival Fish Parade and a massive picnic (free).
- Circusfest is ON and it's hot, hot, hot. Grab tickets for what you can right now from the Roundhouse (until 29 April).
- Discover international queer cinema in the last few days of the Lesbian and Gay film festival at the BFI (until Sunday).
- Shop for some graphic art at the Pick Me Up art fair at Somerset House (entry £8). Check out the Crisis Commission artwork in the East Galleries while you're there (free).
- Listen to the singing sculpture at Canary Wharf (free).
- See the brains at Wellcome Collection (free).
- Watch a screening of Blank City at Rough Trade East at 6.30pm (free).
- Drop by the launch party of the London Gin Club and taste the best G&T ever at The Star at Night, Soho from 6pm.
- Late at the V&A marks a Night of Nourouz celebrating the spring equinox and Persian new year (1391, note) frmo 6.30-10pm (free).
- Kennington Spring Fete raises money for Oxfam marathon runners at the Grand Union with a bring and buy clothes sale, book stall, afternoon tea, live music and raffle from midday till late (£3 entry).
- Three swishing events to help you springify your wardrobe in Balham, Victoria Park and round Brick Lane.
- Follow the sword dancing 'rappers' round Soho for the Rapperlympics from 11am-4pm (free to watch).
- The Harrison pub in Kings Cross throws an all day folk festival to celebrate the opening of the Harrison Basement, their new bespoke venue with Irish jam sessions in the pub upstairs and bands in the basement from midday till midnight (free entry all day).
- WWF's annual lights out event Earth Hour will see London landmarks dim for an hour from 8.30pm — so far, so awareness raising good but it's also a chance to peer at the night sky and admire the moon and planets that have been so clear lately, in an even brighter state.
- It's Streatham Common Annual Kite Day which also includes non-kite things like a bouncy castle, face painting and food from 11am-5pm (free).
- West Norwood Slow Food Festival offers workshops, talks and a magic bee hive from 10am-6pm, right near West Norwood train station on Lancaster Avenue (some events free, some small cost).
Other good stuff:
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
Plan ahead for the Easter weekend with our selection of stuff to do.
Photo by Tom Powell via the Londonist Flickrpool.