We’ve previously highlighted Typical Kebabexpress and Peculiar Unisex Hair. Reader Conrad Roth now sends us a few additional oddments form around the capital, and we’ve also rounded up a few other suggestions from readers.
- The intriguing Eroticut on Uxbridge Road presumably offers something for the weekend among its facials and blow drys.
- Michael’s ‘Barbers’ at 38 Tottenham Lane, meanwhile, leaves us wondering about the quote marks.
- Wake and Paine undertakers in Twickenham are the ultimate example of what New Scientist used to call ‘nominative determinism’ — people whose names influence them into a particular trade.
- Ryan Hair near Victoria is nominated by ‘Parry’ in the comments to our Typical Kebabexpress post.
- The nastily evocative Chickpizz on Albion Road, Stoke Newington, gets commenter Sal’s juices flowing.
- And, finally, an old favourite from your humble editor M@, who snapped the final photo of ‘Shoot The Aged’, a pine furniture shop in Blackheath that closed sometime around the Millennium. Gone but not forgotten.
Got your own favourite? Let us know in the comments.