For three weeks only, the UK's first frozen afternoon tea is being served in London.
White City's Bluebird Café has teamed up with ice cream brand Halo Top to create the limited edition menu, which combines classic British cakes with various ice cream flavours. The chilly treat is available in celebration of National Ice Cream Month as of this Thursday (4 July).
Menu items include:
- Gateau Opera Birthday Cake: a sprinkled cake layered with a vanilla sponge and birthday cake flavoured ice cream.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Stick: Strawberry cheesecake ice cream stick dipped in white chocolate and topped with dried strawberries
- Cinnamon Roll Royale: Cinnamon roll ice cream, lined with candied apples, piped into a ginger snap cylinder and topped with burnt meringue, similar to a classic American pie flavour in a crisp British ginger snap
- Candy Bar Macaron: an ice cream sandwich in the form of a macaron filled with candy bar ice flavour cream.
- Red Velvet Scones: A mash-up of the classic British scone and decadent American red velvet ice cream
- Cookies and Cream Freak Shake: a mini milkshake to wash it all down.
If you can't get to White City to dip your spoon in, Halo Top is giving away about 5,000 tubs of ice cream through Deliveroo Editions nationwide during the first weekend of July, between 12pm-8pm. A free tub of Halo Top ice cream and a Bluebird Café recipe card is given away with each Deliveroo Editions order, during this period (while stocks last).
The Halo Top & Bluebird Café Frozen Afternoon Tea is available at Bluebird Café White City, 4-27 July 2019, Thursday-Saturday, 3pm-4.30pm. It costs £21.50 per person, or add prosecco for an additional £10.