Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- Why does London have so many Royal Societies? It's complicated, but here's a rough overview.
- Not made it down to the new Design Museum in Kensington yet? Get a feel for it.
- Mapped: The London locations linked to Emma Hamilton.
- Should London get a Barack Obama statue?
- 12 maps of alternative Londons.
- You wouldn't want to end up in the wrong Dalston... or would you?
- Donald Trump's election has spawned a whole wave of London street art.
Did you know...
- ...about these rock and roll plaques dotted about town?
- ...which famous author used to work at Heal's furniture store?
- ...which pop-up ice rink in London is the cheapest (and which is the most expensive)?
- ...which Thames bridge was once deemed "the noblest in the world"?
Food and drink
- We've ranked choices of food to eat on the tube from best to worst. Agree? Disagree? Let us know.
- London's top museum cafés for combining culture with culinary delights, including one that's great for breakfast.
- Are these the most secret of London's secret bars?
- If you love a good cuppa, check out the best places to drink tea in London.
- How to get the most out of your trip to Borough Market.
- These restaurant side dishes are more than just a bit on the side — they're cult classics in their own right.
- How to sup and snack your way round Sutton.
Things to do
- Just when you thought it was safe to stop talking about the John Lewis ad, it's been recreated in Lego — along with its four predecessors.
- Take part in a secret spy thriller game on the streets of London.
- Think you know north London? Think again.
- Now the Northern line has the night tube, we've sussed out the best places to visit in the small hours.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.