Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- A behind the scenes look at the reason Tower Bridge is closed.
- London's subways aren't all ugly — look.
- Vital stuff: where to find free toilets in central London.
- Our hearts have been warmed by thoughts of London's most romantic-sounding places.
- 'Tis the season. Fill your boots with these photos of London's best Christmas trees.
- Reviewed: Canary Wharf station's star turn in the new Star Wars film (and did you see the Stormtroopers out and about in London this week?.
- London's hidden tunnels revealed in amazing cutaways.
- See how well old reggae album covers blend into modern day London.
- This is how you clean a dinosaur, apparently.
Did you know...
- ...about London's cockney cashpoints?
- ...about the international version of the Victoria line?
- ...where you can find London's longest pier (funfair not included)?
- ...about the storm tree outside Charing Cross station? It has its own plaque and everything.
- ...why there's a tent made from goat hair in Bishopsgate?
- ...about the London hotel which was home to the city's first public dining room?
- ...about these London Christmas traditions?
Food and drink
- London's got a new food market. If anyone needs us, we'll be eating our way through it.
- This London chef is doing spectacular things with pastry.
- Presenting the best sandwiches that north London has to offer (check out that salt beef).
Things to do
- Pantomime returns to its roots with Mother Goose at Wilton's Music Hall ★★★★☆
- 7 London stately homes you might not know about.
- Ruth Wilson is a desperate housewife in Hedda Gabler ★★★☆☆
- Cressida Bonas dazzles in Gatsby ★★★★☆
- The Science Museum's new gallery has made maths fun.
- New to west London? Dodge the usual days out and try these non-touristy things.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.