Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- In our latest video, we raced to see which is faster; the Woolwich ferry or the Woolwich foot tunnel.
- The best (and weirdest) places in London to spend a penny.
- An (almost) A-Z of Christmas shopping in London.
- Did the wrong artist win this year's Turner Prize?
- What do you have to do to get a road named after you in London?
- In photos: London's prettiest staircases.
- If you love Barbican, you'll love London's forgotten brutalist masterpieces.
Did you know...
- ...that the Eros statue in Piccadilly Circus has been imitated all over the world?
- ...where you can find London's smallest skyscraper (because there's nothing like an oxymoron to get the little grey cells working)?
- ...how cold the coldest temperature London ever recorded was?
- ...which statue is London's smallest?
- ...about London's pirate buses?
Food and drink
- Tuck into these Christmas burgers (grilled raclette is involved...)
- Taking the kids to the theatre this Christmas? Get the lowdown on family-friendly restaurants nearby.
- Vegetable cocktails are a thing, and they're not as grim as they sound.
- Culture and coffee: the best cafés in London's art galleries.
- London's vegan sandwich game is strong — take a look.
- Reading about London's most authentic curries may cause hunger.
Things to do
- Peter Pan is flying high at National Theatre ★★★★☆
- Where to be Punk in London.
- Cheap theatre ticket alert.
- Should Pulitzer-winning play Buried Child remain buried? ★★★☆☆
- Quidditch, lucha wrestling, hashing; why not try one of London's strangest sports?
- Keep your eyes peeled for these changes to London's bridges next year.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.