Designed in SW1 returns to Belgravia this month, and you're invited.
From 17 to 25 September, the craftspeople, designers and antique dealers on Pimlico Road and Elizabeth Street will host a series of events and workshops, to coincide with the city-wide London Design Festival.
Pimlico Road is an established design district for savvy Londoners looking to buy interior design, art, antiques and fine furniture.
Nearby, Elizabeth Street is home to a variety of independent design retailers, including world-renowned fashion houses and artisan makers.
Designed in SW1 is a week-long festival celebrating the design credentials of these two unique streets with talks, exhibitions, workshops and tours curated by Fox & Squirrel, the award-winning guided walk company.
Participating retailers include Rose Uniacke, LINLEY, Luke Irwin, Floris, Poggenpohl, Howe and Jane Churchill.
Highlights of Designed in SW1
- Simply Chairs at Rose Uniacke – a week-long celebration of chairs including a talk by Michael Krzyzanowski, an expert on Danish mid-century furniture: 23 September
- Kitchen Evolution with LINLEY – an acclaimed panel of design and interiors experts will discuss the role of the kitchen and its position in the British household: 20 September
- Stimulating Senses – 300 years of Floris perfumery and advertising at Floris – a workshop to learn the history of England's oldest perfume retailer: 19 September
- Future kitchens at Poggenpohl – a demonstration of technology and kitchen gadgets, 20 and 21 September
- English interiors style clinic at Jane Churchill – an opportunity to delve into the quintessential English interior styles: 24 September
- Curios and Curiouser – confessions of Pimlico Road design connoisseurs – a guided tour of Designed in SW1 led by walk company Fox & Squirrel: 17 and 22 September
For the full schedule of free and ticketed events, visit www.grosvenorlondon.com.