Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
- These are the biggest problems facing London (and here are the people trying to solve them)
- Test your London knowledge with this fabulous quiz.
- Is it the London undergroud, or the tube? Find out in our guide to tube pedantry.
- Can two London roads predict the US election result?
- Where to find the lost Palace Gates railway line.
Did you know...?
- ...about the Londoner who made aviation history?
- ...that HMS Belfast used to have a plane on board?
- ...why Waterloo Bridge is sometimes called the Ladies Bridge?
- ...how many people really died in the Great Fire of London?
- ...how London's alleyways got their names?
- ...how to work from a coffee shop without being annoying?
Food and drink tips
- The best new restaurants to try this month.
- Join IKEA's Dining Club and indulge in some DIY dinners.
- Where to drink when you're not drinking in London.
- Where to eat and drink in Covent Garden.
- Feel the burn: plan ahead for this year's London Chilli Festival.
- TfL has issued new badges to help those with hidden disabilities.
- London's getting a new theatre in an old underground car park.
- ...while it may lose one of its historic Art Deco cinemas to a Lidl supermarket.
- The Hunterian Museum is closing for three years. Get in a visit, quick.
Things to do
- Explore virtual reality with Bjork at Somerset House.
- Book ahead: Pink Floyd is coming to the V&A.
- Find out why pig fat was used to treat victims of the Great Fire.
- Don't miss the London's Burning commemorations.
- See superb wildlife photography at the Natural History Museum.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.