Your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up, this week sponsored by Westfield London. Scroll down for more information about their summer activities.
- A visit to the London cafe where Princess Diana used to go for fry ups.
- 11 reasons to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (and here are 15 things we can tell you about the play without giving anything away).
- And if you're STILL potty for more Potter, here's a video showing you the London locations.
- 12 tips for doing The Proms like an expert.
- A visit to the south London market that sells everything.
- Why the hell do people go to see Changing the Guard?
- Everything you need to know about Notting Hill Carnival... because it's always good to be prepared.
- We take no responsibility for the amount of time you lose trying to solve this London place name emoji quiz.
Did you know...?
- ...which London borough has the most museums (or how many museums your borough has)?
- ...how the Square Mile became a square mile (or not)?
- ...about the secret Victorian street rumoured to buried below Oxford Street?
- ...about the London clock that's wrong for five months of the year?
- ...why London has so many World's Ends?
This is a sponsored message on behalf of Westfield London.
Embrace The Great Indoors at Westfield London this summer
Leave your umbrella at home when you visit Westfield this summer, safe in the knowledge that you can enjoy a rain-proof day at the pop-up indoor park.
Both centres will take it in turns to host the grassy park, which has an exotic Barbados theme. Family activities include a Zorb Pool, family storytelling, ice cream stalls and more — meaning that shopping is far from the only reason to visit a Westfield centre this summer.
- There will be a five day strike on Southern Rail in August.
- A David Bowie musical is coming to London.
- The final designs for the new Museum of London building in Smithfield have been revealed, and they look something like this.
- A fundraising campaign has been launched to restore Alexandra Palace's Victorian theatre.
- These are the best London attractions to find rare Pokemon, apparently.
- A £344m expansion has been announced for City Airport.
Things to do
- This stunning exhibition has photos from across the world — and best of all, it's free.
- Try over 900 beers (OK, maybe don't try them all) at the UK's biggest beer festival.
- An immersive Trainspotting experience is coming to London.
- Cross your fingers that the summer weather returns, and get yourself to one of these outdoor theatre shows.
- See the Great Fire of London recreated...in dominoes.
- 7 geeky things to do on the tube.
- Why not take a dip in this east London church that's been converted into a swimming pool.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.