Your Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly round-up.
- 3 hellish places from London's past that you wouldn't want to visit.
- We've found the best trivia about London trivia. We're meta like that.
- Are these London's smallest bars?
- 5 things we love about tourists
- What is London's biggest bus station? Turns out the answer is harder to find than you'd expect.
- Next time the rain starts pouring, calm yourself down with one of these tunes.
- Feel like you're in the countryside without leaving London.
- FOOD: Trains, posh frocks and amazing food: dinner on the Belmond British Pullman Train.
Did you know...?
- ...what it's actually like at an auction?
- ...about the street where Victorian Londoners bought their porn.
- ...there are more Nelson's Columns than you might think.
- ...how London's food and drink streets got their names?
- ...who St Bart was (and why a hospital's named after him)?
- ...that it's not always the same price to use Oyster than contactless?
- ...how London's tallest buildings got their names?
Things to do
- Sweetie darling, the new Ab Fab movie's out next week. Get yourself tickets for one of these fabulous screenings.
- Fancy taking a moonlit dip in an unheated lido? It's for charity...
- Nemo and Dory may be missing, but they're cantankerous octopus friend Hank is at the London Aquarium.
- Bugsy Malone is 40, and there's a party at Fat Sam's.
- Floating Cinema is returning to London's waterways.
- Fancy doing a pub crawl around London's airports?
- Spam cocktails have arrived in London, and we're not sure how we feel about it.
- A new feature documentary tells the story of Stratford's most notorious pub.
- The Square Mile's latest new skyscraper, 1 Leadenhall, will have a free public viewing gallery.
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.