Tomorrow marks 35 years since north London shopping centre The Mall Wood Green was opened to the public.
On 13 May 1981, Queen Elizabeth II opened it — although back then it was known as Wood Green Shopping City. It was renamed in 2002, when The Mall Company bought it. Since then, it has been renovated and extended, with a cinema added to the existing centre.
Before the centre was built, a railway station stood on the site. The Noel Park and Wood Green railway station closed to the public in 1963, having been in opened in 1878. Many of its passengers had taken to using the nearby Piccadilly line instead.
The building has weathered IRA bombings back in 1992 and the London riots in 2011.
The milestone birthday is being celebrates at The Mall this weekend, with residents invited to a special birthday ceremony with the Mayor of Haringey, Madam Mayor Jennifer Mann (plus 100 free cupcakes are being given away)
Do you have any memories of The Mall/Shopping City at Wood Green? Let us know in the comments below.