A festive edition of your Sunday morning best of Londonist weekly round-up.
Things to do
- Things to do in London between Christmas and New Year
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for fantastic London videos (like this one about an abandoned tube station) and you pretty much don't need to leave the house until next year. You'll also get access to our YouTube exclusive videos.
- Want to walk off some of the turkey or get a head start on the New Year fitness plan? Try some of these self-guided walks around London.
- Kickstart your little grey cells with our London-themed quizzes.
- No plans for New Year's Eve yet? We've got ideas for hardcore party animals, or for those who want to do something a little bit different.
- ...and if you're thinking ahead for things to do on New Year's Day, we've got that covered too.
- Why you should take a black cab, not an Uber, this festive season.
- Restaurants that were a big deal in London in 2015.
- Never been to Bromley? This is what it looks like.
- The best independent art exhibitions of 2015.
- Been watching Dickensian on BBC? We weren't sure what to expect.
- The best Ethiopian and Eritrean food in London.
Did you know...
- ...which is the oldest blue plaque in London?
- ...about the many faces of Sherlock Holmes
- ...these 8 facts about Christmas in London.
- ...you can eat in synagogues, mosques, churches and temples in London?
- A deep-level second world war bomb shelter is being transformed into a cafe and exhibition space, with tours available.
- A new exhibition will display candid, behind-the-scenes photos of the City of London.
- A petition has been launched to save the only building with a blue plaque in Tottenham.
- A hairdressers which caters for all genders and sexes has launched a crowdfunding campaign.
- Camden Town Brewery has been sold to global brewing giant Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Are video games art? Make up your mind at Whitechapel Gallery ★★★☆☆
- 6 things we learnt at the new Human Evolution Gallery at Natural History Museum.
- Les Liaisons Dangereuses depicts the cruel art of seduction at Donmar Warehouse ★★★★☆
- Fantastic art, furniture, clocks, porcelain, tapestries and so much more at the V&A's newly refurbished Europe 1600-1815 galleries ★★★★★
- Parents: your little ones will love seeing Peppa Pig live on stage ★★★★★
Want to get this as an email? Sign up for Sunday Best here.