- Tube upgrades supposed to be completed by 2018 are now delayed until 2023.
- How London's public spaces are becoming private.
- 'Insane' government planning policy, which could have seen luxury landlords avoid more than £1bn a year in payments, is quashed.
- Happy 50th borough of Camden!
- A protest is planned tonight, against the new Jack the Ripper Museum ...
- ...while the Guardian argues the Ripper's legacy distorts east London's social history.
- Van parked outside the Science Museum with 'Iran is great' printed on the side sparks a terrorist alert. The van is owned by a holidaying family of Germans.
- Lambeth Council says government cuts means it can't afford to repeat last year's damp squib of a firework display at Brockwell Park.
- Almost one in eight Irish people visited London last year.
- London: the most Googled city in the world, for arts and culture, anyway.
- Not sure about Lewisham Shopping Centre's recycling policy...
- According to the Express, it's cheaper to buy a French chateau than a flat in London. All well and good, but where's the nearest Antic pub?
London News Roundup: One In Eight Irish People Visit London
Last Updated 18 August 2015