Congratulations to The Bike Project, Look Mum No Hands!, E5 Bakehouse, Community Cycleworks and Prudential Ride London — all named winners of publicly voted categories at Monday night's London Cycling Awards.
Over 3,000 people voted online for their favourite businesses and events, with those coming out on top announced at last night's ceremony at the ICA, hosted by Jeremy Vine. These awards are the only ones dedicated to cycling in London, and allow the whole community — from the occasional cyclist to the committed commuter — to recognise people who are trying to make getting around on two wheels safer and more fun.
London Cycling Campaign Chief Executive Ashok Sinha
"The London Cycling Awards celebrate the vitality of all things cycling in London. Our winners are pioneers who have strived to make our streets safer for cycling and to attract new cyclists. They are businesses that are raising the bottom line through cycling and they are grassroots projects that are using cycling to improve lives, including for some of London’s most disadvantaged people."
The winners in full are (other nominees in non-bold):
Editor’s Choice Awards (voted for by editorial panel of London Cyclist magazine)
Brooks Cambium C17 Saddle
R2 Field Pack from Mission Workshop
Overade Plixi Folding Helmet
2. Youth Cycling Project of the Year (sponsored by Royal Dutch Gazelle and voted for by the public)
3. Cycling Event of the Year (sponsored by Rollapaluza and voted for by the public)
Prudential Ride London
The Tweed Run
4. Business By Bike (sponsored by Bobbin Bicycles and voted for by the public)
5. Best Cycling Scheme (decided by expert panel)
TfL Cycling Workplaces
Islington Cycling Club
6. Best Cycling Hangout (voted for by the public)
Look Mum No Hands (Old Street)
Cycle PS (Camberwell)
7. Community Project of the Year (sponsored by Osbornes Solicitors and voted for by the public)
The Bike Project
Greenwich Islamic Centre Cycling Club
Haringey Cycle Gateway
8. Space for Cycling Award (voted for by expert panel)
Walthamstow Village Mini-Holland trial improvements
Deptford Creek Bridge
Leonard Circus Shared Space
9. Cycling Champion of the Year (voted for by LCC members)
Val Shawcross and Caroline Pidgeon, Joint Chairs of GLA Transport Committee
Brian Deegan, Principal Technical Planner at TfL
Peter Murray, Chair of New London Architecture
Londonist is proud media partner to the London Cycling Awards.