Painted ladies, life drawing, psychedelic pop, group art and comedy tours - the programme for Wallace Collection's next Late has been announced and we're excited to bring you the highlights. Inspired by current exhibition Joshua Reynolds: Experiments in Paint, the lively event focuses on the power of colours through music, art and marshmallows!
Talks & Tours
- Spob O’Brien, Head Of Professional Development for British make-up brand Illamasqua, explores the beauty secrets behind Reynolds's painted ladies at 7.15pm
- Artist Ross Chisholm talks about Reynolds's work and how it influenced his practice over the years at 6.30pm
- Join a tour of the Collection's current exhibition Joshua Reynolds: Experiments in Paint at 6.30pm, 7.30pm and 8.30pm
- Assistant Curator Laura Langelüddecke explores the art of colour in 18th century France’s most prestigious porcelain-making centre, Sèvres at 6.45pm and 7.45pm
- Discover the intricacies and rituals of an 18th century lady’s toilette at the 'Perfume, Powder and Paint' talk at 7pm and 8pm
Workshops, Art Installations & Marshmallows
- Artist Dan Whiteson leads a theatrical life drawing session in the magnificent Great Gallery, centred on the theme of colour and music. Sessions take place 6.30-7.10pm and 8.30-9.10pm, make sure you book your place beforehand
- Throughout the evening, you can experiment with colours while trying Memo Atkin’s interactive and movement-sensitive installation and collaborate with experienced artists to create a group painting to rival the 18th-century master
- Join Project Ouevre in an unusual tour of the collection from 7.30pm mixing comedy acting and physical theatre with an original score, they'll show you a different side of the Wallace
- Try edible pigments with The Marshmallowist, who has been experimenting with flavours and colours to bring you unique sweet treats
- Guitarist Francisco Correa will entertain you with his experimental take on music classics
- London-based band FURS, will perform psychedelic and experimental pop from 8-9pm
Tickets are just £12 and include a complimentary glass of summery Pimm's on arrival. Book now. See you there!
Experiments in Paint Late takes place on Friday 5 June, 6pm-9.30pm, at The Wallace Collection, Hertford House, Manchester Square, W1U 3BN. Tickets are £12 for adults and £10 for students and include one complementary delicious glass of Pimm's courtesy of Peyton & Byrne.
Londonist is proud media partner to The Wallace Collection.