- Burglary, criminal damage and violent offences dropped after people involved in the August 2011 riots were sentenced, but non-violent crime rose.
- London has more billionaires — 72 — than any other city in the world.
- A 44-year-old man is arrested in connection with a woman's death in Kentish Town fire.
- Three men escape from fire in a cannabis factory above the old Albertines pub in New Cross.
- Voyeurs paradise? Guests in the Shard's new hotel can see into neighbouring rooms.
- Using totally responsible phrasing, the Independent reports a "band of foreign snakes that are said to be capable of crushing small children to death are on the loose in North London".
- Konditor and Cook's Curly Wurly cake had a cameo role in Eurovision (see 22.32).
- Did you take part in last night's Moonwalk?
Moonwalkers braving the rain, by Francesco Camardo from the Londonist Flickr pool