Photo: the star goes on top of the Trafalgar Square tree, signalling that, yes, it is officially Christmas. No, don't argue. Image by Tezzer57 in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- RMT union ballots for strikes over ticket office closures.
- A cab driver was seriously injured after being dragged hundreds of metres in Hanger Lane.
- A £1 billion plan to rejuvenate Croydon's shopping centres is approved. The graphic looks alarmingly like that scene in 28 Weeks Later, when the US army napalms the streets of Canary Wharf.
- The Mayor launches a new strategy document for housing. Dave Hill critiques.
- A guide to cycling round London's most dangerous junctions.
- How Old Oak Common could become a 'mini-Manhatten' (i.e. have a few medium-sized buildings).
- Kenwood House reopens this week after a major restoration.
- A history of Maoists in 1970s south London.
- Clever advertisement in Piccadilly Circus reacts to overhead planes.