Photo: Financial Revolution by Simon and his Camera in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- Gareth Williams, whose body was found padlocked into a sports bag, probably died by accident.
- A man is killed by a train in Willesden Green following a police pursuit.
- Missing teenager last seen in Ilford after release from hospital.
- The first black man to hold a senior public office in London is commemorated with an English Heritage blue plaque.
- A man in Uganda loses his house after betting Arsenal would beat Manchester United last week.
- A new 37-storey hotel for Croydon?
- One person a day is killed or seriously injured by London buses.
- London car owners pay £500 more insurance per year than other drivers.
- British Museum, Royal Opera House and House of Lords should leave London, reckons former Blair advisor.
- The Lanesborough Hotel's auctioning off its furniture.
- Our friends at Brixton Blog have been shortlisted for a British Journalism Award.
- Inside a Gothic Revival masterpiece church in Mayfair.
- A report on the 18th Annual Jack the Ripper Conference. Yes, really.
- Forgive us for putting this in the 'culture' section, but Jessie J turns on the Oxford Street Christmas lights.