Photo: Contrasts in Elephant and Castle, by Steven Johnston in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- Terror suspect evades police by donning burka.
- UCL study concludes that immigrants make a net contribution to public finances.
- A man who defaced the Bomber Command memorial with EDL graffiti is sentenced.
- People hide in Romford cinema to steal sweets.
- An exploding hog roast van injures three at Blackheath fireworks display.
- Anti-austerity demonstrators in Deptford don Guy Fawkes masks.
- The Independent crafts a headline that includes the words 'terrified', 'flee', 'most venomous', 'hatching', 'crawling' and 'Banana'.
- Assessment of changes to Cycle Superhighway 5.
- A train to Charing Cross lost power this morning after the "shoe gear was ripped off".
Housing and Property
- Where all the bright young things are moving to (Walworth, Deptford, Forest Gate...)
- There's not just a shortage of homes...affordable office space is also running out.
- Sadler's Wells wants to build a new 500-seat theatre.
- London's love affair with gold architecture.
- The Secret History of Our Streets episode about Deptford wins two documentary awards.
- Should the ATP World Tour tennis finals move away from the O2?
- Three things for London swimmers to look forward to.
- Marshmallows are apparently the new macarons, which were the new cupcakes.
- London's best burgers: a league table.