Image: Dark clouds over the bright city, by Avail in the Londonist Flickr pool.
- Court of Appeal overrules Jeremy Hunt MP, who was still trying to close Lewisham hospital departments despite High Court ruling.
- A lorry driver has died on the M25 after the vehicle over-turned.
- Storm damage in Barnet, Brixton, Epping Forest, Hampstead Heath, Shepherd's Bush, Wapping, West Hampstead.
- Government plans to make London a world centre of Islamic finance.
- Former leader of Kingston Borough council jailed for two years over child porn offences.
- Pele in Kentish Town.
- David Lammy on where we should build all the new homes London needs.
- Super icebergs and omni-extensions: a guide to the homes of London's super-rich.
- MP Simon Hughes wants to limit the amount of foreign property buying in London. And the BBC reports on the same phenomenon.
- Vice magazine on a west London housing development 'turning into a real life JG Ballard novel'.
- The Thameslink upgrade is taking too long.
- A lorry overturns in Finsbury Park after hitting a bridge.
- Hogarth flyover closed for degradation checks.
- The business case for High Speed 2 is lowered slightly.
- Meanwhile, the Camden estates threatened by High Speed 2.
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Mornington Crescent tube station.
And the rest
- A beautiful postcard of London.
- Looking back to the great storm of 1703 in London.
- Another top London blogger tells PR company to please desist with its banal emails.