Welcome to our Sunday morning best-of-Londonist weekly post which is also sent out as an email to subscribers. You will receive this in your inbox if you are signed up to our emails. You can opt out or change your subscriptions on our subscribe page.
- Boris proposes three airport options to replace Heathrow.
- The Shell Centre redevelopment will begin this year. Overbearing or handsome?
- The London Assembly accused the Mayor of being rude and not doing his homework.
- Are towpaths the right place for cyclists?
- Borough Market's new hall has opened.
- A supermouse was living in Covent Garden Tesco; Christian Voice leader thinks it was punishment for supporting LGBT rights.
- London's best beer gardens: mapped. We're still taking suggestions.
- How about we rebuild Heathrow underground?
- Surviving the London heat – though by historic standards it's relatively nippy.
- Photos of London 'under water'.
- Discover the story of the Wenlock Arms.
- The audience loved The Color Purple at Menier Chocolate Factory, even if other critics didn't.
- Tiny figures among The Art of Curiosity at Curious Duke Gallery.
- A goat with your affogato at Stepney City Farm cafe.
- The Richard Rogers retrospective opens at Royal Academy of Arts.
- Regal dresses at Kensington Palace.
- Relax at Camden Beach.
- Enjoy the (mostly) free arts festival at the Ovalhouse in Kennington.
- Take a tour of the River Fleet and Hampstead's lost rivers.
- Watch The Big Lebowski at the top of Millbank Tower.
- Investigate Kensington and Chelsea's InTRANSIT Festival.
- Help clean up the Thames.