During the London 2012 Paralympic Games we’ll bring you a daily heads-up on what’s happening where, including sporting and cultural events, transport and weather.
Top things to see and do
- There are still tickets available for A Musical Journey through Ovid and Titian, discussion and music at the National Gallery from 7-8.15pm (£10/£7).
- Last chance to see the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games medals up close this weekend at the British Museum, which is open till 8.30pm tonight (free).
- The Exploding Head Film Club presents The New York Nightmares of Larry Cohen, a double bill at the Roxy Bar and Screen as part of Scala Beyond from 7.30pm (tickets £4).
- Late opening at most big galleries, plus the V&A and British Museum.
The usual warnings about possible busy periods on the Central and Jubilee lines apply. Woolwich gets less stressed now the shooting events are over. Your daily heat map.
- 8.30am Wheelchair Basketball
- 9am Boccia
- 9am 7-A-Side Football
- 9.30am Swimming — Sascha Kindred goes for gold in the 50m butterfly (6.23pm)
- 10am Athletics — cheer on Richard Whitehead (9.24pm) and Sophia Warner (7.33pm) in the 100m
- 10am Table Tennis
- 10am Wheelchair Rugby
- 10.30am Road Cycling
- 11am Wheelchair Fencing
- 12pm Wheelchair Tennis
- 1.30pm Goalball
- 2pm Sitting Volleyball
These are start times only. See the London2012 site for full schedule.
Is it too early in September to use the phrase 'Indian summer'? With temperatures reaching 25C, it's going to be warm out there. BBC Weather.
Where to watch
See our article for big screen locations and other viewing options.