- Simon Harwood is sacked from the Met for gross misconduct.
- Dalston is a "hotbed of illicit meat activity", according to the BBC, who report that illegal rat meat is on sale.
- Boris hires consultants to look into the future of Heathrow, should his Thames airport to be built.
- Ever wondered what happens to all the mud from the Crossrail dig? It's being turned into a nature reserve.
- The Olympic canal boat service, set to sail on through legacy, sinks dramatically.
- Shepherd's Bush Empire is plagued by pickpockets.
- Tory Assembly members not so vocal in support of gay marriage, contrary to Boris's views.
- Could the Olympic Media Centre be used as a temporary home for Parliament?
Joust at yesterday's Lambeth Country Fair by Markstravelphotos in the Londonist Flickr pool.