What's to do this weekend? Heritage buses, Lovebox, free jazz, local festivals, supercars, a 40 year old Toy Library and an east end milonga.
- Are you going to Lovebox in Victoria Park? (Tickets from £29-£99).
- Clapton Festival has a packed programme of theatre, food, steel pans, classical music, John Hegley, walks, talks, history, birds, film, reggae and more (most events free or under £5).
- The N21 Festival celebrating Winchmore Hill's history with film, exhibitions, dance, music and lots of community stuff starts on Saturday, culminating a week later with the Fancy Fair.
- Go to the big Match & Fuse jazz festival in Dalston on Friday night and all day Saturday (free).
- The Bulgarian Film Festival brings new wave Bulgarian cinema to Riverside Studios, Hammersmith.
- Camberwell Arts Festival begins with party tricks, exhibitions, 36 reasons to love Camberwell, Mad Hatters tea party and a pub crawl.
- Car enthusiasts can head to Canary Wharf Motorexpo (free).
- Find live music, good food, arts and lots of kids stuff at Crystal Palace Overground Festival.
- Experience Samuel Beckett's Old Earth at Village Underground as part of Spitalfields Summer Music Festival (£15).
- Hunt for treasure at London Jewellery Week in Somerset House, Spitalfields and Greenwich.
- Have you done the Odyssey in Deptford yet? (£12/£7).
- Peruse affordable art at Vibe Gallery, Bermondsey (free entry).
- The Big Chill Bar brings the spirit of Sónar to Brick Lane with a weekend of partying (free entry).
- London Festival of Photography rolls on.
- Wormwood Scrubs nature reserve's annual family fun day includes Olympic sporting activities, a mobile farm and petting zoo, solar cinema, climbing wall and more in W12 between 11am-3pm (free).
- The Jubilee Strawberry Fayre in Lisson Grove, NW8 tempts with teepee and totem pole making, maypole dancing, henna painting and a free strawberry plant for everyone between 12-5pm (free).
- Join in the Jubilee Summer Fete at St Peter's Eaton Square from noon till 5pm (free entry).
- Highgate's Fair in the Square promises local youth talent, dog show, Morris dancers, bungee jumping, stalls, cakes etc between 12.30-5.30pm (free).
- Get a guided tour of Alfie's Antique Market in Marylebone on their Summer Jubilee occasion, open 10am-6pm (free).
- Want to walk some or all of the River Fleet? (£18/£10).
- Celebrate the centenary of Route 38 with original Routemasters and birthday cake in Covent Garden and Routemasters on the actual 38 route on Sunday. Have you walked the 38 for Maggie's yet?
- Shoreditch Vintage Fair promises Frock and Roll at Shoreditch Town Hall from midday till 5pm (free entry).
- Marylebone Summer Fayre mixes traditional village fete with urban festival across five colour coded zones between 10am-5pm (free entry).
- Love Harlesden on Love Harlesden Day with live performances, market stalls, kids disco and entertainment in the Misty Moon pub from 1pm till late, all welcome (free entry).
- East London Comics & Arts Festival has its very first event with drawing workshops, live illustration, music, talks and interviews at Village Underground from 10am-6pm (free entry/followed by a ticketed gig).
- Coin Street Festival is Celebrating Sanctuary on the Southbank with live music, stand up and spoken word in Bernie Spain Gardens from 2-7pm (free).
- Lewisham Toy Library marks its 40th birthday with a sports and fun day bash at Ladywell Arena, Silvermere Road between 1-5pm (free).
- Join in the Tango Spitalfields 5th anniversary milonga under the canopy from 1-4pm (free).
- Immerse yourself in Nine Rooms, a theatrical journey through youth homelessness at the Old Vic Tunnels on Sunday and Monday from 3pm - book your individual time slot (free).
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Stand up and sketch comedy
What did we miss? Let us know in the comments.
Photo by Steve Way via the Londonist Flickrpool.