- Al Jazeera eyes move to the Shard, according to totally not backed-up Reuters report.
- Disruption at Gatwick after delays to runway repair.
- The Beach Boys to play Wembley.
- London is the 56th best cycle city.
- Sherlock is the most-watched TV show on iPlayer this year, mainly thanks to the (almost) nude scene.
- Tower Bridge gets a new lighting scheme.
- World-class research centre opens at Hammersmith Hospital.
- A sunken warship full of explosives could jeopardize ideas about an Estuary airport.
- Octavia Hill, co-founder of the National Trust, is to get a memorial in Westminster Abbey.
- Who knew that George Osbourne was a ship's figurehead?
- Leveson Enquiry lollipops, anyone?
- Peter Watts unearths an incredibly bad Commodore 64 game where you have to help Paul McCartney drive around London to an 8-bit rendition of Band on the Run. Has to be seen to be believed.
- Tube staff agree Olympic pay deal (though why do we suspect this isn't the end of the saga?)
- Putin won't be coming.
- Olympic Park grub prices announced.
- Ministry of Defence refuses to attend a public meeting about Olympic missile defence.
- Leyton Orient are interested in sharing the Olympic Stadium with West Ham, after the Games.