- Head to the Horniman Museum for new exhibition The Body Adorned (opens Saturday - with free afternoon events) and check out progress on their beautiful gardens (free - and just £2.50 for the aquarium, £1 for kids).
- The Human Rights Watch film festival is on.
- The Crafty Fox market is back at the Dogstar, Brixton for all things spring and lots of fun for children.
- Browse and buy contemporary graphic art at Pick Me Up in Somerset House (£8/6 entry).
- Tricycle Goes Nuclear with films, talks and exhibitions about the bomb.
- Seek out lost rivers exhibition "From the Westbourne to the Wandle" at Maggs Bros, W1 (free) and the iconic 60s photos at The Gallery at Playboy (free).
- Get your fill of French film at screenings around town for Rendez-Vous with French Cinema at the Curzon Soho, Curzon Mayfair, Ciné Lumière, Clapham Picturehouse, and the Filmhouse.
- Planning a boozy weekend? Start it with Seven Day Drunk at Soho Theatre at 7.45pm (£10-15).
- Recommended by Spoonfed: "7 piece hip hop act the Granville Sessions headline Hundred Hand Slap - the only night to combine Nintendo with the cream of the London underground music scene" at the Finsbury, N4 9pm-2am (free entry).
- Mark the start of scootering season with the Bar Italia Scooter Club Kickstart Rideout gathering at the London Eye at 11am and pootling down to Greenwich.
- It's Spring Open Day at Roots and Shoots in Kennington with wildlife and family friendly fun from 11am-4pm (free).
- Banglatown is the focus of Rich Mix's Snapshot Festival from 10.30am with photos, puppets, workshops, games, stories and music till late (free entry).
- Lovely King Henry's Walk Garden in N1 says 'Wake up! It's Spring' with fun, frolics, bunnies and puppets from 12-4pm (free).
- Scoot up Church Street Market and sniff out Palagkas.Temporary for Finissage... its final day exhibiting Marcus Weber's show FetaFantaFatima in NW8 from 2pm (free and the kids will like it).
- Go Cruising for Art at the BFI's night of "film-themed, fleeting, one-on-one performances by some of the country's most provocative performers" from 9pm till midnight (£5 adv).
Don't forget, clocks spring forward!
- The Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile sets off in the Mall from 8.30am with famous faces and entertainment and activities throughout the day.
- The Resolution 5k in Regent's Park is a chance to run, race or just raise money for the Stroke Association in the park and around Primrose Hill - starting pistol at 10.30am (entry £10).
- Peckham's Centre for Wildlife Gardening marks Frog Day with pond-dipping, nature trails, amphibian & pond talks and frog cakes from 11am-3pm (free).
- Shop to kit out your 'old world home' at the Vintage Furniture Flea in York Hall, Bethnal Green from 11am-4.30pm (£3 earlybird 11am, £2 from 11.30am kids go free).
Other good stuff:
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries
- Cabaret, parties and alt-performance
- Books and spoken word
- Sci/tech/nerd stuff
- Theatre, dance, opera, classical music and exhibitions
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Stand up and sketch comedy
- Gigs to go to
Photo by shadowjumper via the Londonist Flickrpool