- Much of the region is already in drought, says panel.
- Armed forces reservists will get the call-up for the Olympics. (For security purposes, before anyone makes gags about the rifle competition.)
- Oxford Street advert can tell if you're a man or a woman. It's a slippery slope from here to Minority Report.
- The Tottenham unemployed will get training in firefighting.
- Top Shop boss has a five-point plan to cement London as the world's fashion capital.
- Eton in the East End: posh school helps launch sixth form college in Newham.
- Twickenham Film Studios to close.
- (A pared-down) Blur debut new song 'Under the Westway'.
- Transport sponsorship needs more clarity, says Assembly.
Image by Mark Ramsay in the Londonist Flickr pool.