- The government has approved the first stage of High Speed 2, a rail link between London and Birmingham. It should be up and running in 2026.
- The manufacturer behind London's black cabs has issued a profit warning.
- A 23-year old woman was killed at Wimbledon station when she was hit by a train whilst trying to retrieve her phone.
- Queens Park Rangers have appointed Mark Hughes as manager.
- A new map names Tower Hamlets as the worst local authority in Britain for child poverty.
Photo / megapiksel