Not quite sure how it happened, but we forgot to include the biggest, brightest, brainiest show in town in our last Week in Geek roundup. Bright Club – the variety show that combines academics with stand-up comedians – returns to the Bloomsbury Theatre this Friday for an evening of cerebral hilarity.
This time round, the theme is STARS, and the line-up includes guests who capture both meanings of that word.
- Lloyd Langford – the evening's compere, from BBC TV’s Ask Rhod Gilbert
- Lucy Porter – The joke machine from Mock the Week and many other shows
- Helen Keen – Who lives for jokes and space exploration
- Colin Hazel – The king of the hilarious singalong
- Gavin Osborn – Turning guitars into laughs
- Dr Lucie Green – Solar physicist, award winner and star of The Sky At Night
- Jen Gupta – Astrophysicist and host of the Jodcast
- Sheila Kanani – Who looks for life on Saturn’s moons
- Sarah Dhanjal – Hero-worshipping archaeologist
- Dr Nic Canty – Expert on publishing celebrity tell-all books
- Dr Jason Dittmer – Geographer who brings the “…and Stripes” to this night of Stars
- Dr James Kneale – Geographer of the worlds of Science Fiction
- Dr Martin Austwick – Social Physicist