A bumper year, this, for QPR: a return to the Premier League after a 15-year absence, and on a slightly less important though undoubtedly welcome note, a plaque to mark the club's founding 125 years ago.
As we discovered earlier this year in our map of London's moving football clubs, the Hoops are one of the most travelled teams in the capital, with at least 20 different grounds during their history. The new plaque is at St Jude's Hall, Queen's Park, where in 1886 the club was formed by the merger of two youth teams, St Jude's Institute and Christ Church Rangers. They turned professional in 1889, but it wasn't until the 1960s that the club reached the top flight, where they mostly remained until relegation in 1996.
After being purchased by a group including Bernie Ecclestone and Flavio Briatore in 2007, the club finished top of the Championship in 2010/11, and will again take their place among the English game's elite. Inevitably, they're among the favourites for relegation, so fans shouldn't get too used to the top flight.