This week's ticket onsales cover everything from ageing-but-still-powerful rockers to a Mercury-nominated indie quartet. Here's our pick - tickets to all of these should be available from around 9am tomorrow:
- When accomplished pianist and all-round multi-instrumentalist Tori Amos plays live there's inevitably an enigmatic edge to the evening. With set lists changing from night to night you can never be too sure what you'll get - but it's safe to say she'll hold your attention. See her at the magical Royal Albert Hall on 2 November.
- Hulking heavy metallers Mötorhead have been around for 35 years or so now, yet Lemmy & co still regularly dust off their guitars to do what they do best: loud, unsubtle heavy rock. Their live performances haven't lost much with age, so see them at the Hammersmith Apollo on 12 November. Tickets here.
- With a bunch of dance floor hits to her name and an unashamedly pop sound, Sophie Ellis-Bextor has a new album due in June. Curious about where her music's heading now? Get tickets to see her at XOYO on 14 June.
- Miles Kane was lead singer in The Rascals, until they split up in 2009. But you might know him better from The Last Shadow Puppets, the orchestral-rock project he fronted along with Alex Turner from Arctic Monkeys. Now he's gone solo, and plays the Electric Ballroom on 25 October. Tickets from here.
- If you didn't manage to bag tickets to see them at Wilton's Music Hall tonight, Wild Beasts have announced a date towards the end of the year: at the Shepherd's Bush Empire on 23 November. Get tickets to experience their art-rock and falsetto vocals in person.
Finally, there are also a couple of notable gigs going on sale first thing Monday:
- The Streets play Freeze Festival on 29 October, a gig that's likely to be their last in London. If you want to get along, snap up tickets quick.
- George Michael fans take note: he's gearing up for an orchestral tour towards the end of the year, taking in both the Royal Albert Hall and the Royal Opera House. Ticket details on the singer's website.