Staying in or going out? Whatever you're up to this weekend, we wish you a very happy New Year!
New Year's Eve:
- Wrap up warm and gather in town for the Mayor's fireworks on the banks of the Thames. Everything you need to know is on the GLA website. Planning your vantage point, refreshments and toilet stops in advance, highly recommended.
- We gave you our clubbing recommendations but we asked you for yours. Thanks to everyone who responded on Twitter: @LondONtheinside will be at the Macbeth, Hoxton for rock 'n' roll with Cherry Cola, @missthropist will be at the 3 Blind Mice Warehouse Party in the Victorian Vaults, Great Eastern Street; and @hollyloader says that burlesque magic, dinner and dancing at the Wam Bam Club, Cafe de Paris is what you need. @ELPANZON is "live cooking" in the garden at the Brixton Hootananny plus live music, @musicscenes says Brick Lane's Vibe Bar hosts This Feeling from 6pm-4am and finally, @revschaden says there's an "all night special" for just £5 at the Russian Bar on Kingsland Road, Dalston.
- It's the Silver 25th Anniversary of the New Year's Day Parade. Starting at noon outside the Ritz on Piccadilly, the parade features over 10,000 performers and finishes up at Parliament Street.
- Blow the hangover away watching stock car racing in Wimbledon from 2pm.
- Get New Year's Fear at the ICA with an afternoon and evening of horror films from 1.30-10pm.
- TimeOut has a list of museums open on New Year's Day.
- @bimal_tailor tells us of an 8 hour DJ set by DJ EZ at the IndigO2 from 9pm-5am
- View London has more suggestions.
- @tommycm's offered to organise a football match in Greenwich Park, if anyone's interested? Tweet him.
- The London Salon Ensemble entertain playing Viennese favourites in the Clore Ballroom at the Royal Festival Hall from 1pm, free.
What are you getting up to? Let us know in the comments.
Image by gracust via the Londonist Flickrpool
This post is sponsored by The Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project
On November 27th, 2010 - 14 countries exchanged the best of their local nightlife as part of The Smirnoff Nightlife Exchange Project.
Relive the night at www.facebook.com/smirnoffgb