If you haven't found something to do this weekend from delving into the Book Grocer, Arts Ahead, Music Choice or London on the Cheap then here’s a round up of our recommendations and a smattering of suggestions to help you make the most of your 48 hours leisure time:
- Husky sleigh rides for all the family at the Wetland Centre's Winter Wonderland Weekend with Santa, shopping and, of course, the 105 acre wildlife oasis itself. Adult entry £9.95, open 9.30am-5pm.
- The pop up print shop East End Prints might solve some Christmas gift problems.
- As might the Chocolate Festival in Southbank Square.
- Deptford Christmas Fair brings a big wheel to SE8 with a Christmas tree light switch on and market on Saturday, plus activities around the Deptford Project train carriage on Sunday. Plus the Arthouse Studios on Lewisham Way, SE14 are having an artsy crafty fair all weekend.
- The lovely people at the Counter Culture Project host Stand Up Be Active Charity Christmas Party celebrating International Human Rights Day. A Joint Initiative with Human Rights Watch, Médecins Sans Frontières, Amnesty International, Emergency In the Common Name of ACTIVISM party from 7pm till late, with a live performance by The Correspondents, DJs, raffles plus open bar and food till 9pm. Tickets £25/10. At 7-9 Crucifix Lane, SE1 3JW.
- Amnesty themselves open the Human Rights Action Centre in Islington for a festive evening of shopping, entertainment and music plus AmnestTEA serve tea, mulled wine and mince pies and John Hegley will make an appearance. 6-9pm, free entry at New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA.
- Brockley Christmas Market colonises Coulgate Street by the station with yummy food, shopping, Santa and a light switch on at 5pm.
- Toyboywarehouse.com stages a Moulin Rouge themed Christmas Party at The Iron Duke, 11 Avery Row, Mayfair, London W1K 4AN from 7.30 to 1am. Members and non-members welcome, £10 entry.
- The Deck My Hall Xmas Party at Gramaphone, 60-62 Commercial St, E1 6LT will be rocked by Dancing Robot Music and TallZombi. 9pm-3am, just £3 on the door.
- Love Vintage London wants you to spend the day at the Queen of Hoxton, Curtain Road, Shoreditch EC2A 3JX for vintage shopping, cabaret and carols, mulled wine and minced pies from 1pm till late. Entry £6 and all proceeds to St Mungo's.
- Drop by Garudio Studiage Christmas sale of interesting things (flat pets!) at Hanbury Hall, 22 Hanbury St, E1 6QR from 11am – 5pm.
- Be Bodywise in Bethnal Green for yoga, health and healing stuff
- Voce Chamber Choir's Christmas Cracker concert offers a "tasty marshmallow evening of song" at Grosvenor Chapel, South Audley Street, London W1K 2PA from 7pm. Book tickets £15/10 online.
Image of topiary Rudolph in Covent Garden by Ben G via the Londonist Flickrpool.