The shopping thoroughfare was closed yesterday afternoon after a mixture of water and bleach was thrown out of a hotel window. Fire officers in hazmat suits moved in to the area around the Radisson Edwardian at just after 6pm, where several people were hit by the liquid, believed to have been defenestrated by a rather careless cleaner. None of the people affected required hospital treatment. The London Fire Brigade managed to arrive at the scene promptly, though the alarm would have been raised earlier had the hundreds of people in the area with their new iPhones known how to properly hold the device and call the emergency services.
Chemical Scare Closes Oxford Street
Last Updated 25 June 2010