Our friends at Cecil Court are putting on a splendid-sounding, good old-fashioned Christmas festival this Saturday. Head down to the historic street of bookshops (and more) for all manner of events, including:
- Readings by Billy Childish and poet Jeremy Reed and the Ginger Light
- Chances to see London's Town Crier, Peter Moore; the amazing Wrumblesnore Snoreyteller with his Wizard Tales for the Attentive Offspring of Well-behaved Adults; plus Larry Barnes, the Pearly King of Thornton Heath
- Festive musical parping from the brass band of the Regent's Hall Salvation Army
- Signings at Goldsboro Books, including Giles Kristian
- The Italian Bookshop is hosting an Italian Christmas (fingers crossed for panettone!) - enter the online draw for the chance to win a week in Venice and find out if you've won at 6pm
- A lecture on London's railways and the Underground at Motor Books, 3pm
Plus discounts, tarot readings and tons more (including, if rumour serves us right, neat's tongue mince pies. But we're not promising anything).
Cecil Court's Festive Celebration runs all day Saturday 28th November. Find Cecil Court between Charing Cross Road and St Martin's Lane, and more information on their website.