- Chicagoist was in such a tizzy over the arrest of their Governor, Rod Blagojevich, - looking at the federal complaint, examining fellow arrestee John Harris, enjoying artists' interpretations, and comparing him to a Lego man - that they almost didn't notice that Mayor Daley wasn't bothering to have the streets plowed.
- Seattlest had visions of monkey smugglers and frozen custard dancing in their heads, and lots of shopping locally left to do before the holidays.
- Shanghaiist was surprised to hear that the US may not have a pavilion at the Shanghai World Expo in 2010.
- Bostonist explored the dirty side of the holidays, catching a burlesque show called The Slutcracker and watching the annual Santa Speedo Run.
- LAist snapped up shots at the UCLA Undie Run, a semi-annual event featuring drunk college students wearing next to nothing.
- DCist noted this year's stinky Ginkgo fruit epidemic in Washington, and pondered whether they smell more like vomit, dog poo, or uhhh, something else.
- Torontoist got all meta and announced that the site would be shutting down at the end of the month, but not before doing many, many awesome and amazing things.
- Austinist explained why it isn't worth the effort to get angry over homophobic rapper Trick Trick, and was surprised that a local school teacher threw a fit when a student tried to hand out free copies of Linux in class.
- Londonist watched an ingeniously condensed record of a walk across the entire breadth of the city and its suburbs, which was almost enough to build up sufficiently large appetite to conquer an epic Christmas sandwich.
- Gothamist visited Sesame Street and brought back a special message from Elmo.
- SFist saw so many choice companies negatively affected by the recession, so they asked readers which businesses they would like to see collapse in 2009.
Week Around the Ists
Last Updated 14 December 2008