It's the start of a brand new column, where we'll be taking a look at the changing face of London over the last century or so. Kind of like a time-travelling photoblog.
To kick off, here are views of St James, Clerkenwell in 1906 and 2006, a scene which has barely altered. Fewer trees, less cabling and a couple of extra rooms above the building on the left are the only real changes in a hundred years.
The church was built by local man James Carr, and dedicated in 1792 by the preposterously named Bishop Beilby Porteus. It stands just north of Clerkenwell Green - also preposterously named.