- Most London boroughs are freezing council tax this year.
- A man has died in Canary Wharf after a fall from the JP Morgan building.
- BBC exposes the employers taking advantage of immigrant workers.
- Power vs poo: Battersea Power Station redevelopment at loggerheads with Thames sewer project.
- London’s biggest ever basement extension planned for Holland Park. It’s a monster.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home offers moggies to sort out Westminster’s mice problem.
- Animal-sex trial bizarrely conflated with Tottenham Hotspur.
- Water cannons could have saved buildings burned in the 2011 riots. Our recent satire appears to be coming true.
- Yet another piece examining whether London could ever be an independent city-state.
- Pros and cons of London skyscrapers.
- Tomorrow’s DLR strike has been called off.
- And next week’s tube strikes are timeshifted.
- The Central Line was utterly screwed this morning.
- The new cycling lights at Bow, scrutinised by Tom Edwards and Diamond Geezer.
- Inside the Mail Rail disused underground line.
- Plenty of tooting in Tooting, as traffic lights fail.
- Underground ticket barrier at Canary Wharf sings the woo-hoos from Blur’s Song 2.
Culture and Features
- Chips and gravy, driving and cheap pints…three things that people moving to London miss most.
- The Shoreditchification of Albert Square.
- People Power: how residents of 1930s Peckham overcame vicious rats, unscrupulous landlords and blackshirts.
- Can anyone shed light on this victim-blaming tombstone?
- Chat with Jonathan Simpson, Camden’s DJing Mayor.
- Wenger plans to extend his Arsenal contract.
- Buckingham Palace should make more money by letting visitors in when the Queen is out. Meanwhile, one of its sentry boxes is up for sale.