The Tube isn’t the only network beneath London. Sewers, service tunnels, buried rivers, bunkers and other hidden structures criss-cross the capital. We’ll be exploring this stygian realm at a Londonist quiz night, to be held at the Bishopsgate Institute on 7 February.
Want to take part?
All you have to do is book a space on the BI’s website. Come as a team or join/make a team on the night — a London-themed goody bag and other prizes are up for grabs. Entry is £4 per person.
The event forms part of the Bishopsgate Institute’s series about underground London. The programme is quite simply mouth-watering, and we’ll be heading along to many of these:
- The Philosophy of the Underground Man, 9 Feb
- Cottaging and Cruising in the Capital, 13 Feb
- Top Secret Mayfair (guided walk), 17 Feb
- A Passenger’s History of the Tube, 21 Feb
- The Walbrook Pilgrimage (guided walk), 23 Feb, 23 Mar
- London Calling, 28 Feb
- Uncovering the Cemeteries of London, 5 Mar
- Ethics on the Underground, 9 Mar
- Performing Queer: Life & Art in Noughties London, 13 Mar
- London’s Hidden Army, 20 Mar
- Lost Rivers: Writing the Psychogeology of London, 27 Mar
- Secret Stories of East London (guided walk), 4 Apr
- Alternative Soho (guided walk), 7 Apr
- Welcome to Plato’s Cave, 20 Apr
- British Lesbian Nightlife, 24 Apr