- There’s a maintenance workers’ tube strike on.
- Speaking of which, anyone fancy building the RMT’s new website? One of Londonist’s writers thinks it would be fun to make the server automatically shut down on random days through the year.
- Here’s a video of Boris Johnson being called “Tory scum” by hecklers in Bristol yesterday, and responding with “lefty tossers”.
- Westminster, Kensington and Chelsea and Hammersmith and Fulham plan to build council houses for middle income families.
- London Somalis have been urging the government to ban khat.
- Tim Donovan of BBC London has done a great analysis of how London is setting the benchmark for new police commissioners.
- The box junction at Islington Green and Upper Street generated 4,000 penalty notices during the Games. Drivers say changes made it impossible to navigate.
- Police have charged a woman with committing a racially aggravated public order offence on a train.
- Danny Baker spent the afternoon ripping BBC London 94.9 a new one after they axed his show.
Museums & Galleries
© 2014 Londonist.
- Food & Drink
- Theatre & Arts
- Things To Do