- It’s Open House weekend — what will you explore?
- London Design Festival is brimming over with exhibitions across a huge range of design interests (mostly free).
- East Ender 2012 is a new three day micro-festival bringing arts and music to Village Underground (tickets £18).
- Browse the London Art Book Fair and take in film screenings, workshops and talks at Whitechapel Gallery (free).
- Shop at London Fashion Weekend in Somerset House (tickets from £15.50+bkg).
- It’s Hackney WickED Film Festival and Open Studios all weekend (free).
- Get hooked on hula hooping at London Hoop Fest in Netil House, Hackney (£65/day, £100/weekend pass).
- Join the first Scala Beyond Film Crawl walking tours on Saturday or Sunday from noon (£5).
- Westfield Stratford City celebrates its first birthday with circus themed entertainment, free stuff and special shopping offers.
- The Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show is on at Alexandra Palace (adults 1 day £5, 2 days £7).
- See the story of Carmen told five ways at Chelsea Theatre (£20 weekend pass).
- The Geffrye Museum hosts Ceramics in the City 2012, a fair showcasing and selling the work of 50 potters (free entry).
- Watch beach volleyball at Broadgate Circus (free).
- Go to the Mad Women, Bad Women film night at the Cinema Museum, Kennington, to celebrate the anti-heroines of film and fable from 7.30pm (tickets £10)
- Experience Lucha Britannia wrestling at Resistance Gallery (£15).
- Watch the Great Gorilla Run on the streets of the City and Bankside from 10.30am (free but you can sponsor a runner here).
- Compressedfest squeezes a tiny art fair, comedy turns, mini ping pong, a small vintage market and much more into the Miller, London Bridge to raise money for disadvantaged children in Cambodia from 1pm-3am (tickets £12 adv, £15 on door).
- Welcome to Busseywood is a 16 hour film and music marathon at The Bussey Building, Peckham as part of the final weekend of the Free Film Festival from noon (free).
- Bermondsey Street Festival has market stalls, maypole dancing, fashion and dog shows plus outdoor cinema at from 11am till late (free).
- Stockwell Festival is in Larkhall Park with live music, comedy and cabaret plus market stalls, art activities, an inflatable village, fun fair, food and more from 11.45am-6pm (free).
- Join the Hewett Street Block Party celebrating East London design, food, music, and art from noon till 9pm (free).
- Greenside Community Centre’s Autumn Festival invites you to swish, get face-painted and craft with the kids in NW8 between 12-4pm (free).
- Abbey Gardens in West Ham holds its Harvest Festival and 4th birthday celebration between 2-5pm (free).
- Bungee jump on Brick Lane and you might win a game (free).
- Join the cash mob at Harringay Market at 1pm.
- Experience Dennis McNulty’s PRECAST in Blackwall at 4pm (free).
- Peckham and Nunhead Free Film Festival finishes with Peckhamplex for Free screening new kids movie Brave at 4pm and Favela Rising in the Gowlett pub at 8pm (free).
Other good stuff:
- Our latest theatre reviews and art reviews
- Books and spoken word events
- Your week in geek
- Things to do for a fiver or less
- Our pick of comedy gigs plus a guide to watching live comedy in London
- Free things to do in London
- Museums and Galleries