While most eyes are on the BFI London Film Festival a smaller, hyperlocal film celebration is cranking up its projector. The 3 Mills FIlm Festival is a four-day jamboree screening some of the best features filmed at 3 Mills and around the wider East End. The seven events are spread around the 3 Mills Studios, Sugarhouse Studios and Stratford Picturehouse.
- 4 Oct: Danny Boyle’s Sunshine (it might have been set in outer space, and close to the sun, but the movie was filmed at 3 Mills).
- 5 Oct: Plan B’s Ill Manors – enjoy a special screening in the film’s prison set.
- 6 Oct: Fantastic Mr Fox screening and animation workshop.
- 6 Oct: The Corpse Bride and animation workshop.
- 6 Oct: Berberian Sound Studio and Foley sound effects workshop at Stratford Picturehouse.
- 7 Oct: The Arbor plus panel discussion
- 7 Oct: Screening of Brick Lane, a short film, Q&A plus supperclub at Sugarhouse Studios.
Tickets are £8, except for the Brick Lane event, which is £15.